You know you’re a runner when you think it’s perfectly reasonable to get up before sunrise to squeeze in a run before work; or you have multiple playlists with names like “race pace energy,” “long run jams” and “hill killers.” However, the ongoing struggle is finding that “ultimate armband” to carry your music, necessities and that has absolute comfort.
After running the Armband Aero i-10 through a thorough test, overall, I was impressed and would agree completely with Armpocket® armband’s message – “It’s not any one thing. It’s everything! The ultimate armband is comfortable to wear, stays put, protects your device, has enough space for a variety of items and is made of quality materials that last.”
As an avid minimalist runner, I’m quite picky in regards to what I carry on me. I’ve tried numerous running bands and have struggled with finding something that was comfortable, light, handles the unexpected Pacific Northwest shower and is practical (Read: holds the necessities). When I put on the Aero i-10 for its first trail run, it looked and felt big for the first few minutes, then I completely forgot about it – I was pleasantly surprised. It was extremely lightweight, even with keys, ID and cash. It held my iPhone neatly in place, and the touch screen worked with ease inside the case. It impressed me during the numerous runs I tested it on. It was exactly what I had been looking for and had never found with prior bands.
The Armband Aero i-10 is comfortable to wear, stays put, protects your device, has enough space for a variety of items and is made of quality materials that last. Armpocket® even offers a no-hassle 30-day return policy.
I log around 35+ miles a week, so I was able to thoroughly test the Aero i-10 on a variety of different distances and paces, as well as weather conditions. I evaluated three important areas – security on arm (lack of movement), moisture wicking ability (including the unexpected rain shower) and practicality. I was quite pleased.
- Security/lack of movement on arm: I wore it on bare skin, over single layers, as well as a rain jacket and was amazed at how secure the band was to my arm. I have had bands in the past the jumped around my arm, and I would have to push them back up and reset the strap every mile or so. I’m petite, so the fact that the band stayed snug without having to tighten it to the point of discomfort won my vote. However, on faster paced runs it did feel a bit bulky.
- Moisture wicking: Quite impressive, as sweat didn’t seep through and it did not retain any moisture, even after an hour of running. Also, everything stayed dry inside when I gave it a test in light showers given that it isn’t waterproof.
- Practicality (holds the necessities): It held my iPhone and other necessary items in place very well. Also, I could operate my iPhone with ease within the case. The zipper opened smoothly when I needed to access my lip protectant while on a trail. This was especially important because I didn’t have to stop running, and I could access these things without taking my eyes off of the trail.
- BONUS: It’s even made from all natural and recycled materials. Go green!
I highly recommend this item to anyone wanting to free their hands and pockets whether you’re an avid runner, enjoy outdoor activities or even want a free hand during the daily things in your home, such as cooking.Tech Specs: Model: Aero i-10 Date available: Available now Manufacturer’s Website: http://www.armpocket.com/i10 MSRP US $29.95 Listed Weight: 3.04 ounces Construction: Eco-friendly materials. Made from recycled plastic bottles and natural bamboo. Dimensions: 5.0″ x 3.0″ x 0.4″ (12.7 cm x 7.6 cm x 1 cm) Strap Sizes (measured around upper arm):
- Small: 7″ – 11″ (18 cm – 28 cm)
- Medium: 10″ – 15″ (25 cm – 38 cm)
- Machine washable
- Touch control window
- Eco-friendly product
- Quality, durable construction
- No-slip memory foam
- Comfortable vented strap
Armband Aero i-10$29.95
- Very comfortable
- Lots of room, multiple pockets and extremely lightweight
- Allows the use of touchscreens through case
- Good quality, non-slip, water-resistant armband
- Can use headphones through the case – keeps cords organized
- Feels and looks bulky when you first put it on (but you'll forget about it very quickly)
- If you have smaller arms, it is a bit bulky for running faster paces
- Depending on which case you have on your phone, the strap that holds it inside the Armband Aero may need to be worked with and possibly removed or you will need to remove the case from your phone