You’re not always hiking and backpacking, as much as you wish you were. What’s in the bag – your day bag – the one that gets you from home to work to the trail, or from kids to soccer to weekend getaway, that makes it easy to move from here to there. This begins a series from some SBM contributors that answers that question. So what’s in your day bag?
Tell us about your survival kit.
- 3L Hydration Bladder (Platypus, doesn’t ever leak), not just for outdoor pursuits either. When you have an always-thirsty-band-of-kids swarming around you it is genius to just shove a hose at them. And lets face it, they need water even after an hour at the park!
- Camera in some shape or size (I am a mom, come on!).
- Extra diaper goes right in the front pocket. Now that we moved onto potty training it is a PullUp.
- An extra set of pants and underwear for which ever kid is going to need them. Socks too, if hiking near water.
- Snacks. Granola bars and gummies= instant sugar for any trail melt-downs.
- One warm layer per person. Some days it is a fleece, some days a rain jacket.
- Sun hats / Winter Hats
- If I bringing my DSLR – my most versatile lens; Tamron SP 17-50mm
- Extra camera battery/memory card