The Train Wreck Trail is a quick hike along the beautiful Cheakamus River in the Whistler – Vancouver Canada area . This hike is only 2.5 miles roundtrip to the train wreck and back, but you can easily make this hike longer following the flank trail. You can also trail run this hike with its low elevation gain, but there are some really root-covered sections; use caution.
When you get to the decades old train wreck, the cars (tagged with some amazing graffiti art), you’ll be amazed that they are spread so far apart! You still feel the devastation of this wreckage. It’s such a unique hike and highly recommended.
- Length: 2.5 miles roundtrip
- Elevation gain: minimal
- Unique and perfect for families and trail runners!
- Bike and dog friendly (check for updates)
- North on I-5 to Exit 275 (approximately 1 mile south of US/Canada Border).
- Turn right on Pacific Hwy to the Pacific Hwy Border Crossing.
- Once across the border, the road is Highway 15.
- Follow Highway 15 to Highway 1.
- Take Highway 1 westbound.
- Follow signs to Squamish & Whistler.
- About 5 miles before Whistler Village, turn left at Function Junction onto Alpha Lake Road.
- Turn left into the Olive Market parking lot and park to the left behind building.
- Flank Trailhead is located directly behind the Olive Market.